Standard Manufacturing Volley Fire

Cheapshooter

Another thread on this forum jogged my memory a bit. Without hijacking that thread about a multi barrel pistol invention I will ask here. What ever happened with the Volley Fire six barrel, double shot per trigger pull, 25acp pistol.

Never heard of it. Try Google. If that don't work the Blue Book of Gun Values carries about all a fella could want to know on many obscure, and not obscure, brands and variations.

tipoc

^^^^
Is there something hidden in there somewhere about the Standard Manufacturing S333, or are you just advertizing a CZ forum?:confused:

Supposedly a loophole in NFA wording in the definition of a machine gun. The Volley Fire fires two separate barrels at a time. It does not continue to fire consecutive rounds with a single pull of the trigger.
That has presumably been addressed, and approved by BATF.

Yet another one of those "hey, we could make..." ideas that sometimes do get made if the "inventor" can find the cash to have a custom machine shop actually make one. Usually, the "inventor" is long on ideas and determination but short on both engineering and marketing knowledge.

Jim

You'd think that it was pretty clear, multiple round per pull of the trigger, iirc. Dont know if the loopholex it or they will surprise the market with the fee when they release it.

Yet another one of those "hey, we could make..." ideas that sometimes do get made if the "inventor" can find the cash to have a custom machine shop actually make one. Usually, the "inventor" is long on ideas and determination but short on both engineering and marketing knowledge.
But the inventor in this case already has the equipment, presumably the capitol, and has made at least enough to display them at SHOT 2017. Along with their other product, the double barrel pump shotgun.
http://www.stdgun.com/dp-12-double-barrel-pump-shotgun/

I have known many, many crazy people who have money. They are not always successful. Even Warren Buffett has had his off days.

But in any case, even if he never brings them to market, running off a few prototypes (maybe even on a metal sintering 3d printer) would probably draw enough attention to pay for itself.

I don't see that double barrel pump as being practical in a tense situation without lots of training. A typical pump shotgun has a simple alternating XY, XY, etc action sequence. This one is XXY, XXY. That's going to be too confusing in a panic situation unless you've extensively trained it out.

Agreed. Another idea that sounds all "GEE WHIZ!" On the outside but quickly melts down to "GOOD GOD, WHAT A STUPID IDEA!" As the reality rolls in.

Most people can roll some rounds into a pump pretty quickly, but as you say, everything about this is going to be WRONG! All training will be ruined. It won't even handle right.

Back