Standard (HI-CAP for Kalifornia) Magaziness as a Gift...

Cali Sig

Inactive
Hey everyone...

My cousin that lives in Nevada had found a good deal online and had purchased some 10 round california legal Sig magazines and had them shipped to me in Los Angeles as a gift...

So my question is...

Would it be possible for me ( a California Resident) to purchase standard capacity ( 17 rd Glock Magazines ) and get them shipped to his house in Nevada? I was thinking that since the magazines are not being shipped to California it would be legal to purchase them online with my CA credit card and have the mail order site ship it to nevada..

Would this be Legal?

Because there is no point of me sending my friend 10 round magazines if his firearm can legally take 17 rounds..

I have asked this question to many people.. But all they think is that i am going to go pick up the magazines from Nevada and smuggle them to California..

Thanks allot... Hope this Thread doesn't go Off-Topic

Cali Sig

The way I read the California law is that you may not "import" the mags to the state. If I'm correct, then what you propose to do would be legal, since the mags never enter California. On the other hand, vendors may be suspicious and refuse to sell them to you, thinking this is some sort of BATF sting or something.

Tim

It's not illegal to buy >10 rd. magazines in California; it is illegal to import, sell, advertise for sale, give, etc.

So long as the magazines never enter California, you're probably fine. As usual, IANAL, this is not legal advice, and run for the hills if the CA DOJ comes knocking at your door...

they will probably refuse your order

My friend did the same thing, it worked the first time but after that they stopped letting him order from CA using a CA credit card.
So what he did was go to one of those mailbox plus places and use money orders or something.
All transactions were done in NV....

I used to go back and fourth to CA all the time with standard 15 round mags, but now that I'm a NV resident and sold my CA bought Glock I just stay away from CA and if I do have to travel I only bring my snubbie that I bought in CA , so I have a CA registered gun.
I've never been searched or stopped all the times I did it.

Back