Stand up Tactics and Training: Getting to the Gun in a Physical Altercation

stonewall50

So I am looking for some places to learn more about how to get to my gun. If someone were to physically assault me. I have a strong grappling background, and I'm quite comfortable taking someone off their feet if they try to clinch me. What I'm wondering about is more of how to incorporate that and dealing with an onslaught of strikes and basically...just an attack on my person.

What drills are good to practice? Where can I read and watch more? Any seminars in the north central Florida area (Ocala to Jacksonville) area?

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

sw,

What you are looking for is a course called ECQC (extreme close quarters concepts) run by Craig Douglas. His website is www.shivworks.com. He is a former Army/cop/SWAT trainer who travels around the country giving 2-3 day courses. The ECQC course involves firearms training from being in someone's grasp to about 3 yards out, both on your feet and on the ground. He makes extensive use of force-on-force training and uses Simunition glock handguns for training. He has several advanced martial arts belts including jiujitsu.

I've taken the course twice and it is excellent. Expect to get bumped and bruised however. Take a look at his website and see if he has any courses in your area.

best wishes- oldandslow

sw,

What you are looking for is a course called ECQC (extreme close quarters concepts) run by Craig Douglas. His website is www.shivworks.com. He is a former Army/cop/SWAT trainer who travels around the country giving 2-3 day courses. The ECQC course involves firearms training from being in someone's grasp to about 3 yards out, both on your feet and on the ground. He makes extensive use of force-on-force training and uses Simunition glock handguns for training. He has several advanced martial arts belts including jiujitsu.

I've taken the course twice and it is excellent. Expect to get bumped and bruised however. Take a look at his website and see if he has any courses in your area.

best wishes- oldandslow

Thanks man. I will give it a look. I'm no stranger to bumps and bruises lol. Today was choke day though, so I didn't get many bruises, just a sore neck and calf muscles.

Sent from my grapefruit using smoke signals.

Back