Stamp return time?

smee78

So what does everyone seem to be seeing as far as return time? My paperwork was completed on 22 Aug but it still has not made it back to my dealer. I was just curious if there was an average.

It has already been 5 months to get it stamped, it is approved and it just has to be mailed back. I wanted to know how long it is taking to get it mailed back after it has been approved. Most people are saying it is taking about 4-5 months for the whole process.

just received a stamp, took them about 4 weeks to get it mailed, after approval. Over six months all together.

Thanks yall for the update, I was hoping it would not take a month to put a stamp on a piece of paper and send it back but I guess it is just another slow cog in a process that is outdated. Thanks again.

How long it takes is all subjective to your "region" (group of states as determined by the ATF), how many submissions they receive from that region, and how many agents they have to work that region...
In my region, I submitted an Eform 1 on 6/18 and its still in submitted/in process status.
Other regions are getting them back in as little as 45 days...

It has been a loooonnng time since I did it......

But both my tax-stamp transactions took a total of two months, max.

Yes, I was told I was lucky.

Wow that was fast, congrats. My paperwork has already been approved and I am still waiting on it to be set back to my dealer. I has been stamped approved now for over a month.:(

Well it took a month from the time it was stamped to the time it arrived to my dealer but it finally arrived.

We are currently seeing about 5-6 months on average at our business, which is down from the 10-12 months we were seeing about a year ago.

Back