Stainless Super Blackhawk- all weather rig.

mec

I just got through sighting this for an RCBS 250 K cast by Dry Creek Bullet works. This bullet casts out at 260 grains usiing a 92/2/6 alloy. Over 22 grains of 2400, It does 1370s and after today's 20 rounds there was no lead in the barrel.

The revolver has taken a javalina and this time it's going on a feral hog hunt. The group was fired one handed off hand at 25 yards with my last five shots - after using the rest to sight in at 50 yards. There is an element of luck in this 3"+- spread and I quit while I was ahead.

Last edited:
with me shooting it and loads it likes, its a 1.4" at 25 and 3.5" at 50 type shooter from the bench. I sighted it in at 50 with these loads just resting the gun on my hands off the bench and holding it between my knees from a back rested seated position on the ground. I wanted to use likely field positions to set the sights.

Like all my stags - I have 3 sets and have had others. All were found at gunshows except for one which a friend found at a gunshop. None of them really appear to match up particularly well but that just makes for variety. Stag is a tough material. I've never broken a stag grip and that's saying something.

Mike-

You know, for value coupled with efficiency and durability in a gun not too heavy to carry around, the Super Blackhawk is one of the best deals going. I'm not surprised that you like this one.

I tried mine in quick point shooting, keeping in mind Wild Bill Hickock's advice to just raise the gun at arm's length and fire. Surprisingly easy to get "kills" on human silhouettes at reasonable battle ranges. The old single action design still has a lot going for it.

That 7.5-inch barrel is really effective in velocity, too.

Thanks for the info on the stag grips holding up so well. I read somewhere that they crack under .44 Mag recoil. Guess they don't!

Lone Star

Back