Stainless Steel Revolver Polish?

S.F.S

I have a few Stainless Steel Ruger Revolvers (not the hi-gloss finish) and I am wondering if there is any polish I can use to brighten it up some?
I heard of Flitz but am not sure if it really works or not. What other type of polish is out there for this purpose? I am not looking to get it to a hi-gloss shine just want to brighten it up. I also don't want to use anything that may harm the finish or remove any metal.

Thanks,

I have first-hand experience w/Flitz...yes, it DOES work...also, its' great to remove the "burn ring" from SS cylinder faces...FWIW....mikey357

I use a metal care gun cloth from: http://www.proshotproducts.com/page13.html . I really like all their stuff, especially this cloth. I just wipe my Ruger down and let it sit for a few minutes before I buff it. ProShot Products is in a town near me, and I don't know how widely recognized they are. Everything I have used, from the cleaning kits to the solvent, is great!!

Take Care,
Rhyno :p

I probably go through 4 tubes of Flitz a year. This is the best stuff known to man :) Yes it works. I use it for everything. I polish all the inner workings of my guns with it and use it to clean my SS and blued guns. Some folks say it will remove blueing, and I am sure it would if you used it on a dremel or used it too often on the gun, but I use it witha soft cloth once a year or so and it is amazing how much rust comes off the surface of what you think is a clean gun.

I order mine from Brownells, but I have seen it at gun shops, hardware stores, and even Wal-mart.

Another good product available at K-Mart's
automotive department is Simichrome. About
$5.00 a tube; that should last you at least
5 year's, cuz it only takes a small amount.
Also, great for removing cylinder burn mark's
from revolver's.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

Back