Stainless Steel Luger

For a number of years various firms were making a stainless steel 9mm Luger. I think that Stoeger was probably the last. Is this gun still being made and if so by whom.

AFAIK, a stainless steel Luger clone is being made. A friend of mine bought one a month or so ago, and I think it is marked Stoeger. So far, it seems to work fine, which is more than can be said for most of the originals. Still, I don't think I would treat it as any more than a fun/novelty gun.

Jim

It was actually made for two companies by a third
outfit in Texas that isn't a standard gun company
but a manufacturing outfit. Unfortunately, I forget
the details.

They were said to be mediocre.

"For a number of years various firms were making a stainless steel 9mm Luger. I think that Stoeger was probably the last. Is this gun still being made and if so by whom."

I sold mine over a year ago. Mine was a Stoeger American Eagle stainless Luger. Fit and finish were first rate, however, what a POS. The trigger was horrible (near 9 lbs), and it was a jam-o-matic. Accuracy suffered due to the trigger. To conclude, its a fun gun to look at, but not to shoot!

Stoeger lugers are out of production per the factory as of sometime last year. Mitchell Arms made a Luger, but they are also out of production, and currently banned, presumably because Stoeger owns the rights to the Luger design, and name. They are indeed jam-o-matics. My friend has one. It has been at the gunsmiths for over a year, and the latest word is that it cannot be fixed.:( There was some word of sending it to the original owner of Mitchell Arms to see if he could fix it, but I don't know if anything came of it. As it stands right now, it is a pretty paper weight.

Back