Stainless Slide For Glock?

barret_munkey

Caspian and lonewolf make them, caspian is the only one in stock and is 3oo buckeroos any idea where i could find a cheap stainless slide? any preference between both companies? ....i think they're pretty...and flame suit on! Go!:eek:

Don't know why you'd want a stainless slide. Tennifer actually converts the metal and prevents rust, even if it's 'worn off'.

-1 for fanboyism.

Reducing their durability takes away from the only thing attractive about the Glock series of pistols.

Aesthetically they are horrible.
Ergonomically they are mediocre.
Functionally they are good.

Don't know why you'd want a stainless slide.

+1. I don't see the purpose or benefit either. Its a solution in search of a problem. The ONLY reason I see is for doing so is cosmetic.

Tennifer actually converts the metal and prevents rust, even if it's 'worn off'.

Actually the Tennifer can't be worn off. The process Glock uses to make their slides actually impregnates the Tennifer into the metal. The black coating on a Glock slide is actually a nitrate solution that enhances the metals abilty to fight wear from operation. If you wear off the nitrate coating a Glock slide will be a dull grey color. Thats the color that the Tennifer leaves the metal after its been treated to the process.

Agree too. Don't see a point for a stainless slide. Don't understand too why some people hardchrome their Glock slides. But if you have cash to burn it's a free country.

Glock's metal treatment is as good as it gets.

Glock's metal treatment is as good as it gets.

+1. Why change a good thing?

If you really just want a stainless gun, take that $300 and put it towards an new stainless piece. Leave your Glock the way it is.

That's $300 better spent on ammunition, practice or another gun. I can see changing a slide if one had to convert to another caliber, but just to go stainless is a waste of ducats.

To each his own:) Some guys like two tone guns. Personally, I like uniformity when it comes to polymer pistols. Also, one of the main reasons I carry a Glock is because I get sweaty. Their metal treatment i pretty dang awesome.

Well what glock and what length slide are you looking at? Im going to get a g 35 and would like the long slide (g 24 length) or 22 length. Maybe im wrong but do they sell them with the original finish? That would be much better. Thing that attracted me to glock was the ease of conversion.

Stainless slides slides only serve to accentuate the cheapness of plastic frames,IMO. That said, why not save the money and polish the OEM slide? It wont have any ill effects on the existing Tenifer finish and if you ever want to go black again, you can have it refinished with Cera-kote or something along those lines. The factory slide is more rust/corrosion resistant than any bare stainless slide will be.

There is a big point to having a stainless steel slide ........................ you can have a version that Glock doesn't make! Glock doesn't make a longslide for their large frame pistols. When I made mine back in 2004/2005, it was unique.

With a 28% longer sight radius and Dawson FO front and melted Bo-Mar adjustable rear, I'm able to be a much more accurate shooter at longer ranges. It's a great range piece and shooting 200yd steel offhand is possible.

100_0257.jpg

My G20/21L set up for 10mm makes a terrific hunting piece. For a trip into the Rockies, I remove the Magwell and have 17+1 rds of 200grn hardcast power.

100_0773-1.jpg

My custom stainless steel side on my G22 turned G24 doesn't have the opening in the top of the slide. I won't buy a stock Glock tactical or longslide version because I just don't like the hole. Does it make sense? Maybe not to you, but I'm perfectly happy to spend the money to get a piece exactly the way I want it.

DSCN0081.jpg

100_7959.jpg

COSteve - OK, I concede that the longer slide may be useful; especially in a 10mm to help control its recoil and muzzle blast. More mass + greater weight = less recoil. As you stated, the longer slide does give the shooter a longer sight radius, and thus greater accuracy.

If you like the stainless slides, why don't you just send it in to get refinished? That would probably be one of the cheapest solutions (that would still provide the Glock reliability). Plus I think most of the aftermarket stainless slides available for the Glocks have a cheap look. I'm sure they are of great quality, but the look of a factory Glock slide never bothered me.

I dont' like the two tone look, but must admit that COsteve's glocks look fantastic!

So is that a Lwd long slide a glock 20.

Also I would think the stainless on an OD frame would look pretty cool.

And if someone GAVE me a glock 20 with a stainless slide, I would take it!
That said, there is some pride in having shot my 2nd gen glock 19 so much that only the matt tennifer is left. And I have had it over 20 years!

COSteve, here is my "longslide" glock 26!:D
1926alt.JPG

Back