Stainless Colt Gold Cup

branrot

How does everyone feel about this gun in comparison to the offerings from Springfield, Ed Brown, Kimber, etc. Please address accuracy, ergonomics, looks, reliablility, and value.

Compared to the Kimber Gold Match, the Colt is a little less ammo sensitive, and a little less accurate. Also, the stories about the rear sight pins breaking on the gold cup are true. My GC has a Millett rear sight, aftermarket thumb safety, aftermarket slide stop, and aftermarket grips. Now it's one of my favorites.

The '80 Series, which I have, are less popular and can sometimes be found at very good prices.

How can you mention Ed Brown in the same sentence with Kimber and Springfield? Personally I like Colts, I like what they stand for and that is worth something to me. I have a lot of handguns already so if the Colt is not 100% reliable, well it won't really bother me. If you need to depend on the gun I would say have a smith like Brian Bilby or Dane Burns tune an SA or Kimber for reliability (about $200-300. Ed Brown guns are entirely different and are almost perfectly built, they are $2000 on a good day when you can find one. I would not expect any issues with an Ed Brown gun and they are in a completely different class to the SA and Kimber. You might want to look at Wilson Combat, or Les Baer.

BUY COLT

There is only one colt, It was good enough for our GIs and it is good enough for me .Colts are also a very good investment if you can find one a a reasonable price lately the prices have skyrocketed and I think they will continue to do so, at a recent gun show a guy had a new in the box gold cup series 80 and wanted $1000 for it. I told him that was a little high but he said if it did not sell at this show it will at the next or the next ,and he really did care

Back