Stage walk through in IDPA Y/N?

9mm1033

Is the shooter given a chance to walk through the stage before shooting it in IDPA, as is the case in USPSA?

You will get the chance to walk through the stage so as to locate targets and props. You may NOT airgun to rehearse the moves and shooting nor take a sight picture at the LAMR.

An individual walk through is not allowed in IDPA but, the rule book doesn’t state how or where you have to walk while taping targets or if you are allowed to look around barricades to make sure the targets are taped before you shoot. In short keep your fingers full of tape (and your hands down) and you’ll be ok.

Where I shoot, walkthroughs during the CoF description are allowed as long as you don't airgun.

Jmorris may have to use taping subterfuges, I don't.

There is, unfortunately to some, a good bit of variability in IDPA match management. I suggest you show up and watch and listen to what goes on in your area.

Everyone gets the cof description and the “walk through” at the same time, unless it’s a blind stage. What they don’t want is everyone “pre-running” the stage after every shooter (individual walk through). Does it happen? Yes. Had you better have some tape in you hands? Yes. The subterfuge Jim is talking about arises in the need to have all competitors help tape the targets. So, if you are the last shooter in a squad of 10 you will have the ability to walk through the stage 9 times in performing the duty of taping the targets, before having to shoot the stage. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been called a “gamer”, if they would just quit using that timer I’d settle down.

Back