• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Staff

• Thread starter Thread starter PreserveFreedom
  • Start date Start date
P

PreserveFreedom

Just out of curiosity, is Staff a person, or a profile used by different members of staff? I understand if it is classified. :D

I've asked this before also.

Apperently "Staff" is some sort of changeling or shape-shifter . . . .

I just pretty much assume that "Staff" is Kodiak. "They" say it could be any admin at any time, but I think it's George.

weird!

"Staff" is starting to sound like that shape shifter in Terminator 2!

Staff has many personalities.

Staff is the embodiment of The High Road.

Staff surrounds us and binds us. (like The Force)

Staff is an extension of all the members.

Staff is man and woman, old and young.

Staff is.

Staff just is.

;)

Staff is omnipresent and all-knowing. Staff is also a little over worked, just look at how many forums s/he has to moderate. And therefore, yes, Staff is somewhat schizo-frantic. :D

Staff spelled backwards is ffatS.

Staff usually appears when the ffatS in the fire(ingline).

Staff has a home http://64.135.1.109

(Actually, serious question here. Are SWAT and TFL going to share a common site entrance? Personally, I think it would be kinda neat and efficient if they did. I hit the above by accident the other day when I was fooling around with configuring a Win2000 DNS server here at home.)

ffatS is fouled up file allocation tableS. The mysterious entity that deletes days.

Thy rod and thy Staff, they comfort me. Thy dor and thy ffatS, they,,

Really, I think it would be kinda cool if somehow you could link a .wav file of the old Crazy World of Arthur Brown song in the Staff sig. Ya know, so every time it appears it plays "I am the god of hell fire, and I bring you,," :D

Staff is, and yet Staff is not.
Staff is that which, not being, achieves highest being.

Seek not Staff, for the seekers shall not find It. In order to find Staff, you must enter the state in which seeking and not seeking are one.

Thus spake the Zensunni Master Dave lo, these many years past.

Daggonnit, I had my dinner with a member of Staff this evening and forgot the Lysol!

He also forgot his glasses and his NRA range card...

Senior moments? :D

Just remember Mike, Staff is highly contagious! I don't think Lysol will touch it.

Yes, I had a senior moment, but at least I didn't forget my Kahr! If I had only been quick thinking, it would now be my Kahr. Drat.

Seriously a great time was had by all. But the details are for another forum.

Back