Staccato C2

Dobe

I'm heavily considering the purchase of the Staccato C2. I was wondering, if anyone on the forum has had any direct experience with one.

Be very leary of them.

I would be very leary of this outfit. They advertised a customer service position a few months ago and I was interviewed. One manager had Tourette syndrome
and kept making strange noises, the other was a complete dunce, I did not get hired or contacted. These guns and magazines are way overpriced and it left me with the impression that this is a bad outfit.

I have been around guns for over 50 years, strong knowledge, and I have also worked in technical customer support as well for decades. I also have 2 college degrees.

I had never even heard of this maker until then. If they don't like intelligent people for employees I would not buy their products.

Hope that helps.

Recoil Spring --- STI rebranded and renamed themselves Staccato. STI/Staccato is known for higher end 1911s and 2011s. Perhaps the fact you knew nothing about the company in the interview kept you from getting the job. When I've been on hiring committees, we always have asked what they knew about us and what we did.

KyJim said:
Recoil Spring --- STI rebranded and renamed themselves Staccato. STI/Staccato is known for higher end 1911s and 2011s. Perhaps the fact you knew nothing about the company in the interview kept you from getting the job. When I've been on hiring committees, we always have asked what they knew about us and what we did.
STI was known for expensive 1911s, geared mostly toward action shooting competitions. I'm a hard-core 1911 aficionado, I have tested STI pistols for publication, and I should be on every 1911 maker's contact list, yet this thread is the first time I have ever heard of Staccato or that STI changed their name (apparently over a year ago). Therefore, I think it's more than a bit of a stretch to say that Staccato is known -- for anything.

As to knowing about a company you hope to work for, I agree completely. But I couldn't find any mention on the Staccato web site of the fact that they used to be STI. I finally found confirmation of that, buried deep in an article that showed up toward the end of my second page of search engine hits. So I can't fault Recoil Spring for not knowing who they are. It's like Staccato is working overtime to hide the fact that they used to be STI.

I think they are mechanically good pistols but (in general) as ugly as sin. Which is ironic, considering that one of their advertising lines used to be "Life is too short to own an ugly gun."

I guess that just proves that beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

I also think they are over-priced, especially since they have polymer frames.

Larue too.

I have been involved in most areas of the gun industry for 53 years across the country, and not only was this pistol maker unknown, but we also have a rifle maker named La Rue who make AR-15's in Leander, TX. I also applied there with no result, my knowledge and education did not interest them. I have only seen one La Rue owned by anyone and it was inside the amoured car of the Austin Police Dept. Obviously not a big seller.

I plan to move to FL where I can use my skills, education and knowledge there with the commercial entities. Of Florida, I know that there are many gun makers, including makers such as Taurus, Kel tec, and SCCY. Who are well known and sell many guns. I have owned some of these handguns.

I told Staccto in a parting e-mail that value of intelligence is why GLOCK rules the world over the American made guns, and Remington recently went full bankruptcy as they chose stupidity.

General Motors, Ford and Chrysler once were on top, now it is VW, Toyota, and Honda that rule the automotive world. Embracing ignorance in a country with the worst school system in the industrial world speaks well of the issue. With the exception of Ruger, I no longer purchase American guns, and most of my ammo is also foreign.

It’s true that when I think of Florida I think of the value of intelligence and a good education. Edit: that wasn’t me being facetious, Florida actually ranks quite highly
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

I don’t think I would personally have sent the email you mentioned from a career development standpoint, but it is a way to leave a listing impression and it sounds like you’re quite far along in your career as is. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Both Staccato and La Rue sell higher end guns. Both sell guns in the $2000.00+ range.

Stacatto sells about $20 million per year in handguns only and LaRue about 30 million in AR's and AR parts.

Just because you are not very familiar with them doesn't mean they aren't popular or well known to the customers looking for such products.

Back to the OP, everyone that I know that owns one loves it.

0acfbb54f1d21ab83caffbf174e16135.jpg

...I'm hip deep in the AR world...and everyone I know, knows of LaRue.
And since STI used to have a Staccato line of pistols, isn't much of a stretch to assume they've rebranded

That being said, I have a friend who owns a Staccato 2011, has over 12,000 rounds thru it, is well made, excellent fit and finish, great trigger, very accurate and supremely reliable. The gun loves to be run hard and fast. Its WAY outside my price range, but a very nice piece of craftsmanship.

Last edited:
A hard core 1911 guy on every makers list...never heard of staccato???

It's also right on their front page of the website, right under our story, spent a whole 15 secs of digging deep, weeding through that overtime of burying the past. Good grief

Comparing a Staccato to a Taurus or Kel tec is silly.
Also, VW, Toyota and Honda were rebuilt by the country where GM Ford and Chrysler are from.

STI has made excellent handguns in recent history. I have an STI Trojan 9mm that is one of my best and most favorite range guns. I wish I could have bought a STI Spartan V in .45 ACP while these were still in production. This was definitely one of the best 1911 values at $625.00. The one I saw a few years back was consigned at $800.00 and I offered $700.00 which was rejected.

How about Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Les Bauer, etc. and others in those price ranges compared to Staccato? I have seen films of Mr. Wilson the founder, and he did not appear to be a dunce and make animal noises in interviews like the people at STI did when I was there.

If the person in question really did have Tourette’s, continuing to point out that person’s malady really doesn’t present yourself well. Your evidence for stupidity seems to be the fact that you didn’t get hired. That you followed up the interview with the email you mentioned and then a continued rant here about the state of American manufacturing and American people in general hints to me that your technical expertise might not have been the problem.

It sounds like you have prospective jobs in Florida. Stay positive and move forward with that in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recoil spring: said:
How about Wilson Combat, Ed Brown, Les Bauer, etc. and others in those price ranges compared to Staccato? I have seen films of Mr. Wilson the founder, and he did not appear to be a dunce and make animal noises in interviews like the people at STI did when I was there.

Comparing 2011 format pistols like the STI Staccato series to these other traditional 1911 format manufacturers is a indeed a stretch. The notion of judging a gun manufacturer negatively because they would not hire you, is completely ridiculous.

What does the fact that someone had a disability have anything to do with the quality or character of a company?

Maybe just maybe since you noticed it and took great issue with it, maybe they took notice of your attitude.

Staccato makes 2011s, Ed Brown etc makes 1911s, not the same.
By the way, a 2011 since you never heard of them nor took the time to research a company prior to an interview, is a double stack 1911.

This discussion has veered rather far from the original question, and I ruefully acknowledge that I played into that. Let's get back to the original question, which was:

Dobe said:
I'm heavily considering the purchase of the Staccato C2. I was wondering, if anyone on the forum has had any direct experience with one.
If you have not had direct experience with a Staccato C2, please don't bother to post.

Back