St Valentines Day Massacre

Does anyone know anything about the shotguns that were used in the massacre? I have only seen one picture of one of them and it is partially covered by a bullet proof vest. Looks to be sawed off and definetly pump action.

The police raided Killer Burkes house and retrieved the guns. The cops had the shotguns and now they are gone. I am reasonably certain I have one of them, just don't no how to authenticate it.

So, post a picture of it! I don't know how far back the Chicago records go, but they must have logged it in somewhere if it was a confiscated firearm? Is it serialised? Maybe you could contact those History Detectives if that PBS show is still on. Cause if you could prove it, then you could sell the thing at one of the big auction houses and rake in the dough!

I am reasonably certain I have one of them, just don't no how to authenticate it.

Sawed off? Registered I hope:rolleyes:

And if its a crime gun that disapeared how how do you have it?:cool:

WildthinktwiceAlaska ™

is it a 97? IIRC they found a couple pump street cannons, but do not know what they were. Burke backed up those choppers and shorties with a Savage 99, FWIW.

Wildalaska,

Great website on Capone,and what a great collection of Capone items.I still have not completed my review,but I hope to this week,

Thanks for sharing.
Patrick

Back