SSS bolt body

4runnerman

Question, I got a new SSS Fluted Bolt body. The issue I am having is it is shorter than the original bolt body. Problem is- When assembled if I go to close the bolt it hits on the rifle frame and stock body in it's complete locked position which in turn causes the trigger to fire. I cant do this, but If I leave the screw in bolt body a little off of tight it works like a dream. Oops- Savage bolt.
Now Fred a SSS said that I can just file a small part of the bolt handle down to get rid of the hitting issue, but that don't seem right either. I have pictures, but you really can't see much. This picture is with the original bolt body. The fluted one , if I showed you a pick will hit on the right hand side of the picture
In the pick there is a gap where the pen tip is ( old Bolt body). With new one there is no gap, it hits it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Snyper- it is perfect for over 6000 rounds and 3 barrels now. I am just dressing it up now for looks only. Also it is not a Savage part that is the issue. Hey, but thanks for chiming in any how.

Back