SR9C Range report

Prof Young

Picked up the used SR9C today. Got it for $325, and since I didn't have to pay any shipping or other fees that's not a bad price. Came with three ten round mags and all had the finger grip extension with the flat bottoms for use if wanted. I put about 100 rounds, half off the shelf and half reloads. Gun ran fine and at five yards I did shoot it a touch better then my Springfield XDE. The loaded chamber flag really jumps out at you, which I suppose is a good thing. I haven't tried the reversible back strap yet. Didn't realize it had one until I down loaded and read the user's manual. I like it so far and imagine it will become a cary choice for those days when I carry in a vest or a jacket. It came with an extra return spring with a note on it that it was the original spring. Not sure what it got replaced with as I haven't field stripped the gun yet.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Congratulations! IMO that is one of the best deals out there. They are solid, rugged pistols. Very mild shooters and well built. I love mine. In fact, just ordered more 17 round magazines. Break one down and compare to other guns. A lot of steel in the sub chassis. Look at this pic compared to the Ruger Security9,

VWUO6gW.jpg

iYLJWpB.jpg

and this pick
LObpl5m.jpg

(courtesy gunsumer reports

Back