SR-25 from Knight

DblTap

Does anyone have the Match version of the SR-25? How well does it shoot compared to other .308's such as Armalite?

What type of optics did you mount? Is a bipod a "necessary" piece of equipment? If so, what length?

What did you pay for your setup?

Thanks,
DblTap

[This message has been edited by DblTap (edited March 24, 1999).]

Oh boy, I've been waiting for a question like this.

Yeah, I had an SR25 Match, and it was junk. Beautifully made junk, but junk nevertheless.

It shot great, but didn't work. It couldn't cycle to save your life. Basically, it was a $2200 straightpull (kinda like the Blaser UIT, but with massive frustration thrown in for free...).

To be fair, my gun was a very early gun. I did have the chamber relieved to aid functioning, but it didn't help much. Load development didn't help much. It was somewhat better with factory ammo, but only somewhat. You still never knew if it would finish a magazine or not. The gun was sent back to Knight twice; they couldn't fix it.

How did it compare with the Armalite? Well, if the AR10 worked, not very well. It did shoot well; around 1/2" to 3/4" depending on the load.

My gun had the Knight rings and the Bausch&Lomb Tactical. Great 'scope. I did use a Harris bipod on this gun for load development. It was the LMS version; the short one (9" legs).

My gun cost me $2200 OTD. When I was offered to trade even up for an HK SR9T, I unloaded the hound pronto. The HK doesn't shoot quite as well, but at least it works (it is an HK, after all).

Back