Squirrel Slayer

Bowhunter57

Squirrel Slayer
This is my brother with an old Marlin that I put a camo paint job on, added a scope and a sling. We took it to the range and it likes Federal Game Shock HP ammo. It also appears that it likes killing squirrels. My brother has turned out to be quite the squirrel slayer with his Marlin. He out scores me, every time we go out and we have the best of times. I ended up with 2 fox and 1 grey.

ShaneSquirrels.jpg

Bowhunter57

Is that a Marlin Model 25? My first firearm was a model 25 that my father bought me when I was 13. I was my goto rabbit and squirrel gun for almost 20 years.

Looks like a successful day in the field. So many hunters seem to "out grow" small game hunting, and that's a shame. I don't think I'll ever get bored of chasing bushytails.

Sure does look like a model 25, I have a 25N that is my goto for short range work on gophers and rabbits. Love that .22 more than my ruger 10/22! Great pic and keep up the good work on the squirrel eradication!

The fox squirrels are bigger but the grays are better to eat IMO. I've shot some awfully tough fox squirrels when it came to eating em. Using a .22 is the only way to hunt them as far as I'm concerned.

Back