Squirrel hunting revolver. Help

I started the thread asking about Squirrel hunting with a .17hmr revolver. I was thinking about getting one, but I haven't found very many different varieties of ammo available yet(or at reasonable prices), so I think I will wait on this "New" caliber. I do want to squirrel hunt with a handgun. I think I would greatly enjoy this. By the way, I am NOT a rookie hunter. What would be a good .22 revolver(I do mean a REVOLVER, I already have a Mark III) to hunt with? I really like the Taurus model 94. Does it come drilled and tapped? Are there any .22 revolvers that do? I WILL be putting a scope on it. Also, does anyone out there hunt squirrel with a handgun?

Thanks in advance

I have a H&R 903 .22 in has a 6 inch barrel and is very acuarte, I use it for small game.
Here in Az we can hunt most small game with a pistol or even an airgun and slingshot belive it or not.......
The 903 does a fine job and is a 9 shot, for the 169.00 I paid I am happy with it.

S&w 617

I think you may like a S&W 617 6" - I just bought the smaller 4" and love it. In the 6" barreled model, you can choose from a 10-shot, or more traditional 6-shot. See the review on Gunblast of the S&W K-frame .22LRs here:
http://www.gunblast.com/Cumpston_K22s.htm

I don't have a scope on mine, but I believe you'd be all set - as the rear sights are on kind of a ribbed plate that attaches with two screws on the top of the frame that seem to accept a scope mounting baseplate too.
160578_large.jpg

Back