Squading or Not?

Ned Roundtree

We shoot USPSA 3-gun (carbine, shotgun, pistol) once a month. Usually 5 to 6 stages. We allowed shooters to come shoot the stages anytime between 11AM to 2PM. But the same ole volunteers are getting tired. So now we are switching to squading. An RO will lead a squad around and shoot the stages also. Squads will start at 12, 1 & 2. Do you squad or individually shoot your stages?

We squad, as does every local match within three hours drive (that I know of).

Sometimes trying to make shooters get together is like herding cats. Doesn't do much but annoy the cats.

At least with a squad you can kinda bunch them together and have concentrated whining :)

A

I shoot at 4 IDPA clubs within 2 hrs driving time and none of them squad.It seems to work well for these clubs.BILLG

Interesting....

All the clubs I shoot squad. I know the folks in Oxford are a bit looser about their squads than we are in Texas. I arrived about an hour late for their match. (My plane was late) But they worked me into their squads and still got me through along with the rest.

Bubba

We used to squad, but the IDPA matches got to too big, over 100. Now it's walk up, sign up with a time and number, and call up. Similar to the GSSF system with the RO's staying at the stages. Smaller matches work better with squading.

the first IDPA match we went to, we did the squad thing, i was with 2 friends, so we stayed together. after that everybody just walked off with out me. )rude( because nobody is there to help paste or pick up brass.

------------------
454Casull when it absolutely Has to be destroyed.

Back