Springfield XD magazine

I recently purchased a Springfield XD sub-compact .40 S&W and was wondering if any of the XD extra magazines would work with my particular handgun or would I need to purchase a certain type of XD magazine?

Service size XD magazines work. You should get the grip spacer, or be very careful inserting the magazine, lest you damage the ejector.

Service size XD magazines work. You should get the grip spacer, or be very careful inserting the magazine, lest you damage the ejector.
I'll second the part about the ejector. If you slam the a full size mag in the gun it will contact the ejector possibly breaking it.

And, IIRC, XDm mags are different than XD mags and likely won't work in you XD compact.
XD and XDM Mags are different for 9mm and 40 S&W. The XDM are wider and have a greater stacking capacity. XD/XDM 45 mags are the same and are interchangeable except for the compact models. XD45 10rd fit in XDM compact (9rd) models but not the other way around.

Fun fact: XD9 compact are 13rd and so are XDM9 compact. But not the same magazine. Full size are different capacity.

You might be able to put a XD mag in a XDM and it will fit but be loose, kind of like how you could put a Sig P226 in a P229.

Back