Springfield TRP

I LOVE mine.
I initially thought mine was the TRP PRO - as thats what the fellow said when I traded him for it. Mine is just a regular TRP, in Stainless.
It is smooth.
It is accurate.
It is 100% Reliable.
It is Beautiful.
It is a fantastic pistol.
What else do you wanna know?

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

I loved my TRP also, but had to sell it due to financial reasons. Mine was identical to Mr. George Hill's, I did add a Smith & Alexander magwell.
BB - I noticed in your profile you're in Atlanta. I bought my TRP from Bernie's Sportscenter for just under $1000. I sold my gun to a fellow IDPA shooter, he in turn traded it back to Bernie for a Wilson Protector. Now Bernie is selling the TRP for $895. He still has it as of Tuesday. Go check it out.
By the way, it's only been shot about 500 rnds.

[This message has been edited by Ricky T (edited January 14, 2000).]

$890?
Ouch. Thats a lot of cash - but it is one hell of a pistol, and that beats the New Price by a good margin.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

George,
You're right, that's a lot for a working man. I was told by my buddy at Acusport (distributor) that their price to the dealer for the stainless TRP was $850. Anyway the TRP is one real nice pistol. I think it's better priced than a comparable Kimber Gold Combat.

Can anyone tell me why the TRP Pro is so much more expensive than the TRP? My guess is that one is paid for by a federal contract and one is a public market weapon. Any other differences that would justify the price?

Kerry,
The TRP PRO (formerly BUREAU MODEL) is totally handfitted. It also has a Nowlin match barrel, match bushing,ambi safety, 4.5 lb trigger, Smith & Alexander magwell, Black T finish, Tritium insert in the sights, guaranteed 2.5 inch group (or whatever it was) at 50 yards, total reliability, etc.
The plain civilian TRP come either in stainless or Armory coat (Springfield's version of the Black T), doesn't have night sights, match barrel, magwell, and not fitted as tight as the PRO.

Ricky T-

Is it the stainless model? If dealer cost is $850, I would think I could get one for less than a grand new. I'll swing by Bernies tomorrow morning and check it out, but personally I think Bernies' prices are NUTS.

BB:
Bernie has my ex-TRP and it is stainless. Try to talk him down to $800. He may laugh at you though, but I know that he's made his profit on that gun twice already, once when he sold it to me and when he took it on the trade from my buddy.

Back