Springfield TRP vs TRP "Pro" Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

fumank9

Inactive
Can anyone tell me the difference between the Springfield TRP and TRP "Pro" model. The only thing I do know is the TRP Pro is basicly identical to the Model being issued to FBI SWAT.

I realize the TRP Pro is more $$$ but what does it have that makes it so.I read the article in American Handgunner but still have questions.

OK... Can anyone help me with the price of the TRP PRO ? I have checked the Springfield Armory site ... are these prices accurate to what the TRP Pro is in the shops ?

[This message has been edited by fumank9 (edited November 29, 1999).]

The TRP is a Commander sized 1911. The TRP-PRO is a Government Model. About an Inch difference. I think thats the only difference. I have a TRP-PRO, so I know whats up with it... the shorter version may have another difference - but I dont know what that is.

My TRP-PRO is the SMOOTHEST 1911 I have ever seen. For about 200 bucks less than the similar units from Wilson Combat, Les Bear, Ed Brown - I find it a great deal. If your looking for a high end 1911 - check it out.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

Actually,

The TRP is available in Government and Commander size. The TRP Pro is Government size only.

While the regular TRP is a production line model with some good finishing touches (e.g. de-horning, bevelled magwell) over the regular "loaded" models, each TRP Pro gets the full treatment from the Springfield Custom Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back