Springfield Shot gun what model

will5317

Inactive
I have a Springfield shotgun that I am looking for parts to repair the forearm. Seems to be a model 94, but all models and old version parts do not match. Can anyone shed some light. forearm_barrel1.jpg

forearm_barrel2.JPG

Thanks for any help

Best to post a picture of the whole thing preferably with any markings to try for a better ID. However, Gunparts' Manufacturer's List shows 'Springfield' brand shotguns as being Savages.
Any chance it's a 940? The Gunparts 'List' shows different part numbers for them and 94's.

Springfield Single Shot shotgun

This is a very old shotgun. The 940 has a newer forearm lock and all the Stevens, Savages, and Springfields at gunparts show a curved lug on barrel. this one is totally different. Here is a pic of whole gun, but together it looks like a 94.gun1.jpg

gun2.JPG gun3.JPG

Last edited:
I just worked on one of those in 410 not too long ago. Parts will be difficult to find at best. The forearm latch has a s-shaped spring to hold the forearm in place.

Springfield shotgun model Number

I take it the 410 shotgun forearm looks like this one? I have questioned the man where the forearm came from. The only forearm I found looking like this was a 410. Wondering if there is a chance that a different forearm will have same length from lug to breach. There are a lot of aftermarket. from breach side of lug to breach is 6 and 3/8 inches. I can modify the lug.

Thanks for your help

Almost forgot the thank you. All help is appreciated. I have been working on guns for many years, and no matter how long you have been doing it there is always someone that has seen it before. Many many thanks. The model is a 94 correct.

Back