Springfield Ronin range report

Jim Bronson

I took my new Ronin 1911 9MM to the range today with 150 rounds of SinterFire 100 gr. RHA frangible ammo. Before leaving my house I field stripped the gun and cleaned and relubed it. As I said and expected, the gun was tight from the factory and for the first 100 rounds there were many failures to go fully into battery as well as a dozen or so light hammer strikes failing to ignite the primer. This is something I expected as with all my other 1911's (10 have come and gone for one reason or another with four staying at home with me) about half had to have a break-in period. About 80 or so rounds into the first 100 I could feel the gun working smoother. The final 50 rounds delivered smooth flawless functioning. The last 20 rounds I fired all double taps with the last 3 rounds going into the target as fast as I could get a sight picture. I didn't do any shooting from a rest and all shots were fired standing at 25 feet. But the seemed to hit pretty darn close to point-of-aim. The target on the left was the first 100 along with a few on the paper target at the bottom. The target on the right was the 20 rounds of double taps with three rounds as fast as I could while still keeping a sight picture. Yes, a younger man with good eyes and lacking arthritic hands should be able to do much better. But for an old guy with a new gun, I'm happy with it. Maybe next week I'll do some accuracy testing. I'll probably put a few more 100 rounds through the gun before I put it into protection service. But all-in-all I like it.

Attachments

• DSC02045.JPG
    DSC02045.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 89
Sweet!
Not surprised you had a little trouble at first.
Lead free primers may have been an issue, plus the lightweight bullets, might run better with 115 or 124 FMJ.
Congrats on the Ronin.

Back