Springfield P9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wishbone

Some NIB P9 Springfields have turned up at my local gun shop. Any info would be helpful.They seem heavy, but well made.Can't seem to find a price listed anywhere.Anyone have one? Are they worth owning?

Can't give you any specifics on price but they sell around the $300 mark It's a CZ-75 Clone it is a decent gun but you can buy a real CZ for the same price and in my opinion the original is more durable :) G.R.

My uncle has the Springfield P9. There are a few changes such that his magazines don't go in easily into my CZ75. Also, the trigger on the clones (Springfield, IMI Baby Eagle, TZ75, Sphinx, etc.) aren't nearly as nice as the CZ.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I own CZ-75B, and I had a chance to shoot
it's U.S.-made clone P9 also.
It does copy most of the CZ75 features, but
overall quality of manufacturing, trigger
pull and accuracy are not as good as in
original CZ...Don't know about reliabily,
but when I shot it, there were no jams.
CZ-75B proved to be totally reliable when
original CZ magazines are used. Wasted
more than 600 rounds through it...Fun.

I have a P9 Ultra in 40s&w. I would dearly love to get another! It has been a very, very reliable and exceptionally well made pistol. I have now at least 5000 rnds through it with only a few jams due to poor reloads. It is exceptionally reliable and very forgiving to reloads. Mine seems to like 150 jhps with blue dot. I bought mine as a target gun, but my wife annexed it because it has so much less recoil then our md96's. When we both go shooting we usually put at least 500 rnds a piece through it in one day. Usually we get it so hot it is hard to handle the slide.

If you can get a new one go for it and if there are any extra to spare email me where I would like to buy a second 40 ultra.

Good luck.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back