Springfield Mil-Spec 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

I know that my next gun will be a .38 or .357 hammerless snubnose, but after that, I can tell that another 1911 is in my future. I'm thinking that getting a mil-spec gun that I can fiddle with, buy parts for, etc. would be fun; something to take to the range, not for everyday carry. Springfield offers one... anyone have any feedback on this particular weapon? http://www.springfield-armory.com/std_milspec_1911.html

Any other strictly-spec guns for projects that you like instead?

-Jorah

I don't know about current Springfield's but I have had a milspec model since 1989 when they cost only $289. Still have it as my primary carry. The workmanship and quality are excellent. If you want a 1911 to do some work on you could fine lower priced models, but you won't find a better base gun without paying a bit more. Just MHO.

I have a Springfield Milspec M1911A1 -- purchased it new 6 months ago. It is great! A really tight gun, considering it is the "entry level" product. Plenty of accuracy and fun to shoot. No problems feeding Winchester 185 grain Silvertips and Federal 230 grain Hydrashoks as carry ammo. I use the Wilson 7 rounder magazines -- never a bobble. I have also owned a milspec Colt M1991. In my opinion, the Springfield is a much better gun for the money.

Sprigfield Armory milspec 1911 is a good base gun. The fit is good. If you decide to get one and fit a beavertail use the SmithAlexander .220 jig. The jig has been designed for SA safety tang. HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back