Springfield EMP4 CCC .40S&W issue...

Umpa

Inactive
I’ve always enjoyed shooting pistols and as a result have owned more than I can count. My current preference is the 1911 and I have them in 9, .40 and .45 by Springfield, Kimber and Magnum Research. The first time I saw the EMP4 CCC Ihad to get one in my hand and ultimately had to have one.

When I got it home I immediately took it apart, cleaned and lubed then headed for the range with a variety of ammo. I loved the way it shot and handled, but wasn’t able to get through a single magazine without at least one failure-to-feed. I had read several articles that referenced this same experience, but decided to do another cleaning/lube and ultimately had the same experience. When I shared my experience with my dealer he was quick to contact Springfield and they quickly provided shipping labels for return. 2-1/2 weeks later I had my EMP4 back and it has performed flawlessly!

But here’s the issue that has me puzzled. The gun came with 2 stainless magazines w/bumpers on the bottom. I also purchased three additional magazines from Springfield that were black w/o bumpers. All 5 magazines are clearly embossed with .40 EMP and functioned before the gun was returned to Springfield. After it was returned, neither of the stainless magazines will seat. The 3 black magazines function perfectly and are ~3mm longer. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated.

Back