Springfield Armory Ultra Compact 1911

o-town

Do any of you guys own one? If not, have you shot one? Is this a good gun for CCW? Also, what should I expect to pay for one?

I have a lightweight V-10. It is easy to carry, very light and the porting makes it easy to control. Still, I don't shoot the little 1911's as well as the full size so I have it for sale.

I have had good luck with a Full size springfield, but I am not sure a Compact .45 1911 is good first gun.
HEY George Hill we need some Springfield help here!

SA Ultra

Hey O-town, I have a V10 ultra compact that I bought right here in O-town. I love it, but it is limp wrist sensitive and that took me a while to get used to. I had never had that problem with any of my other guns. Stu Gotts

The littlest Springfield that could...
I should write a childrens book about it... Make it an Eddie Eagle thing...

Yeah - its an excelent pistol. If you have carried the 1911 before - then this one will do really nice. Take the rubber grips off and put on some nice wood grips and you have a heck of a carry gun. The V-10 porting is there if you want it or not if you dont. This is a great starting gun... with a little work from a good smith - it can be absolutely perfect.

I recomend the Cor Bon 185s for velocity and consistancy or Hornady for all the above and a heavier slug. Ammo selection is critical in a sub compact like this one.
Triton is running a special for TFL members and thats not a bad deal... I like the Hi Vel loads. They do really good outta the shorter tubes.

I own a SA Ultra Compact, and I'm very pleased with it. I just took this little gem to the range yesterday, and the accuracy was very good, considering it's size.

However, this would be a _lousy_ first 1911 IMO! I wouldn't recommend this size of gun to anyone who doesn't already own a larger 1911.

--Donovan

V10

Hello again O-town. I bought my V10 used from Gun World on
O.B.T in Kissimmiee, paid $450 for a gun in near nib condition. I carried a BHP for 7 yrs but wanted a smaller gun. I don't see why the V10 would not make a great first gun. Good luck Stu Gotts

My wife's first 1911 was the V10... she did just fine with it.
What its lacking as a 1911 is the ease of hitting your target where you want to hit it... the longer sight radius really helps and the longer barrel and slide absorbs more of the recoil.

If my wife can handle the little V10 - any one can.

Back