Springfield Armory scope for an AR-15?

muleshoe

I gotta get a scope for a new AR. A friend of mine mentioned that Springfield Armory makes a good scope for an AR. My first choice is Leupold, it's the only brand of scope I own. Does anybody have any experience with a Springfield scope? I'd like to hear about them, good, bad, or ugly.
:)

------------------
bullet placement is gun control

Muleshoe,

IMO it depends what you want to set-up the 15 for. Are you looking for a scope for "precision" long range work (400 - 600 yds) or are you looking for a scope that will allow quick target acqasistion (CQB - 400/500 yards) and assist on getting a shot on target.

Different scopes for different chores.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Yeah I knew I shoulda threw that in there. It's not really gonna be a paper punching rig. It'll be used more of a varmint, stray dog and cat getter. Max ranges of 400-450 yards. Thanks...

:)

------------------
bullet placement is gun control

I know a guy who just bought a cheap 50-100 scope for his AR-15 and had real good results with it. For a semi-auto and for 100-500 yard shots, i don't know if you need to waste that much money. Then again, maybe you do. I have a Springfield 6x 40mm 7.62 scope. It worked pretty good on my M1A and works ok on my new rem 700 VS. I would much prefer a variable zoom scope though and am saving for my Leupold 6x20 50mm long range target scope. Good luck with whatever you get.

Back