Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite in 10mm

tex45acp

For years I have been a 10mm aficionado simply because it was the closest caliber to my beloved .41 magnum, in a semi-auto platform. For years I looked for a Desert Eagle in .41 magnum and found only one that looked like it had 100k rounds through it......needless to say I did not buy that gun. I now have 4 10mm semi-autos with my recent purchase of a Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite, a gun I have been looking for since their introduction a few years back. I love to shoot 1911's and wanted something to take the place of my Colt Delta Elite Gold Cup. This gun will easily satisfy that need. It's my second Springfield in 10mm behind the 4.5 XDM I bought last year. While a fun high capacity gun to shoot....but it's not a 1911. The last is a Smith & Wesson 1066. The smith is an extremely accurate gun as well.
Springfield_Range_Officer_Elite_10mm.jpg

SAXDM10mm.jpg

1066B.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Fantastic guns. I myself also hunger for a 10mm, and I'm also looking for a quality 1911. I already have a .45 that I enjoy, so I'd say I'm in the market. Thank you for sharing these photos----The Springfield is beautiful.

I am a Springfield fan and all my 1911's are Springfield. My latest acquisition was the TRP long slide in 10mm and it is a joy to shoot. Suck on picking up the brass for reloading because it ejects them to the next county.

How do you like the XDM in 10mm. I've been thinking about getting one but am not a fan of polymer guns, no reason other than I like 1911's and revolvers. I am not a fan of Kimber but they do have a real nice one in 10mm the Black Ice Rapide which appeals to me.

Mr.RevolverGuy,
Your handle could also be mine as I love revolvers as well! Over the years I’ve had them in many calibers.....until I came across the .41magnum. Except for the two Ruger .357magnums I have, I sold all my other caliber revolvers. I have three in .41magnum. A stainless Ruger Redhawk, 7.5” barrel with a 2x Leuopold Handgun Scope that I hunt with. A custom stainless Ruger Redhawk, 4” barrel that is my woods carry gun and a stainless Taurus 415 with a 2.5” ported barrel that I conceal carry. The reason I became interested in the 10mm was the fact it was so close to .41magnum ballistics in a semi-auto platform. I never dreamed I would grow to like it as much as I do. I handload for both calibers so I can taylor my needs.
41mags.JPG
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Don't necessarily disagree, Shadow, but I've never had the pleasure of running a 1911 in 9mm. There are a lot of beautiful guns I've seen in that caliber, albeit on the higher-end of cost (Staccato, Wilson).

I'd love to try one.

Delta Elite

I've never regretted getting a Delta Elite. Well balanced for the 10MM round. Put a beavertail and commander hammer on it.

KCSHd1nl.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice brace of 10s, tex45acp. My initial foray into 10mm was an SR1911-10. Very accurate and shoots just great, but after the bbl bottom lug broke, I'm cautious about loading her up with extra spicy loads. I have a few more 10s now, but like Mr.Revolverguy, I too am an odd duck because I much prefer shooting my M610 than my semi-autos.
attachment.php

man you fellas have some NICE 1911's in 10MM. Though I love 1911's I hate chasing the brass in 10MM so I am this odd duck and love the revolver in 10MM.

Last edited:
10mm

i to like the 1911 platform for 10mm. I have a DW Razorback and love that gun. But i purchased a Glock 40 slapped a Burris fast fire 3 Optic on it. Great platform, very accurate, recoil friendly. Not the trigger of a 1911 but after adjusting not all that bad. 15 rounds of 10mm rather comforting also. I love to shoot that Colt , that just looks nice. 12-34hom

Back