Springfield Armory M6 Scout

DannyO

Does anyone have any info on the M6 scout? I am considering buying one for camping etc. A local dealer said he could order one for me but I would like to hear from any scout owners out there.

------------------
"Some people spend an entire liftime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Semper Fi

Have had one for many years and have never had any problems.... now be warned, they are also made by CZ now under contract from Springfield armory..... so if you want an american made one, be sure to check the logo and Manufacturers mark on the firearm first.... not that the CZ ones are inferior (they are not) just not american made....

I see they have this rifle in the .22lr and .22 hornet configs. Do they offer it in .22 WRM /.410 as well? That's the one I would want if they make it.

I have a CZ model in 22lr/.410. The trigger sucks! That being said it is a fine little gun. The 22 is very accurate. The 410 works fine for taking small game at close range. It will also fire slugs but accuracy is poor. You should be able to fire 45 Colt from the 410 barrel but I haven't tried it yet.

Mine lives in my truck.

I have 3 M6's, two original SA manufacture (22LR/.410) and one of the new CZ produced versions (22 Hornet/.410). If your dealer is getting you one new than it is a CZ produced version, SA stopped making them back in the 80's. When SA was making them they cataloged .22LR, .22 WMR, and .22 Hornet but they only made the .22 LR version. The new CZ produced versions are only available in .22LR and .22 Hornet.
I really like my M6's and shoot them quite frequently. Strange from a feel stand point but you get used to it. All mine are great shooters.

NJW in AZ

I recently sold the 2 I had and they were both excellent shooters , mine were both CZ models , they were extremely accurate with the .22 barrel once you got used to the trigger . Good luck , Mike...

My father has one of the scouts and I shot it some this last weekend. His is 22 Hornet/410. I was shooting some of the steel chickens we have. I had no problem knocking the little chickens down at 100 yards with 22 hornet and was able to connect on them pretty reguarly at 50 yards with the 410 slugs that I was shooting. I like the 22 hornet cartridge, while the 22 LR is cheaper for sure, the 22 hornet packs a lot more punch, it was leaving craters in the mild steel chickens. I would feel a lot more confident in its ability to take deer size game in a survival situation than I would about the 22 LR.

I agree with Alex. If you're not carrying much, what you're carrying better carry out and the 22 Hornet is one heckuva zippy round at 100 yards.

Back