Springfield Armory M1A or M1A-A1

DUDE

Well i've narrowed it it down to these two rifles. the M1A or the M1A-A1 Bush rifle. so which one to buy.

If you are going to target shoot get the super match (lots of fun!).

If you are going to plink get the National match (mine is not as accurate as my super but it will do for plinking)

If you are going to hunt or use it in the field get the loaded m1a. (hate to scratch up any of the match grade guns)

If you want to snipe, get the m21. (Only one I do not have, but it was sure fun to work with. I will get one this year sometimes)

Hope this helps.

You'll have better grouping (all things being equal) out of the M1A due to the increased sight radius. (distance between the front and rear sight)

If you are going to scope your rifle, there is no difference.

The Brush rifle is a bit "handier", the M1A seems a bit better balanced. YMMV!!

Giz

The match M1As generally do not have chromed barrels. Therefore, they will not be as immune to harsh conditions/treatment as the standard barrels. Note most precision rifles don't have chromed barrels, either. Mostly it's a matter of what role the rifle will fill. Having an M1A for every occaision might be fun. :D

I have several precision accurized M1As but they are not as user-friendly as an accurized Remington 700 bolt gun IMHO.

Edmund

Back