Springfield Armory Champion,Opinions? Does anyone have one?

45automan

Hey guys looking for opinions on this gun. It is Commander sized right? How do they run out of the box? Thank for any input here,45automan

HAVE A NICE DAY :)

More muzzle blast than a full size .45, less accurate from the practical aspect than a fullsize .45, just as hard to carry, weight and size wise since its the grip that makes it harder to conceal. In short in my opinion if you want to carry a 1911 .45 it is just as easy to carry a full size .45 as the champion. I had an ultra compact v-10 owned it for 1 year and just traded it on a beretta 92 inox compact. The berretta is better balanced and carries better in an iwb holster than the v-10 champion. I found it just as easy to carry my fullsize government model as the v-10.
The champion was not a good range gun, fullsize .45s are more accurate for me. The extra barrell length of a full size gives you another 100fps out of your ammo (more reliable expansion, of HP ammo) and it balances better in the hand and in an IWB holster. I found that the chmapion was constantly tiping forward in my holster where as the full size does not do this. The ports on the v-10 are just a bad idea, more blast at the range, much louder than a regular .45, less velocity, Slower follow up shots for me, and an unecessary risk for concealed carry, firing from retention.

I would get a fullsize 1911. Get a fullsize 1911 you will not regret it.

Back