Springfield 1911A1 or Para P13?

Tough choice but I'd take the Springfield. If you ever decide to customize it, the Springfield is a much better base gun.

(Disclaimer: Many people have had positive experiences with Paras. In fact, unless I'm wrong, Ayoob claimed to use one for HD.)

Get the Springfield. Hi cap mags for the Para are very expensive and several people I have talked to have said that they are of questionable reliability. My first handgun purchase was a Para P13 and it was the biggest POS that was NIB and over $600 that I have ever heard of. The blued finish was flaking off around the ejection port, the pistol experienced failure to feed, eject, etc on almost every magazine, the rear sight came loose after less than 300 rounds of normal ball. And all I fired from the pistol was GI Ball. And to be honest with you, right after I purchased it I was wanting an honest to goodness full sized 1911 the way Browning intended them to be.

Get the Springfield. Some high quality magazines and you will be in business! I will never buy a Para again and I sincerely do not want to offend any that have a Para or a P13 in particular. It's just that this was my first gun and I feel I got burned in a bad way that made me an instant disbeliever. To have a first gun that failed in so many ways
:barf: AAARRRGH I just had to trade back to the store (took a good chunk of change to boot) for an HK. Now I'm a happy camper. I will get a 1911 in the future and it will be full sized and probably a Springfield.

Just my two pesos...

Back