springfield 1911

Status
Not open for further replies.

navdoc

Inactive
I was out shopping around this weekend and came accross two 1911's that were both beautiful. One was an older Springfield with no frills but looks like it came out of a time capsule (mfg. before Springfield went to Brazil). The other was a Charles Daly that they showed me which had alot more of the new features available but not the excellent history of Springfield. The difference in price is only about $50 (charles is less). What is a fair price in this entry level area of 1911's.

I bought my Springfield V10 for $400 used. It was in great condition, just needed a good cleaning. It's not quite the basic package, cuz it's ported but other than that it's "stock." (I've ordered a new set of Rosewood grips for it though, and I can't wait to get 'em!)

thequickad,
Where on earth are new SA's available for $250-300? <gasp cough> The cheapest I've seen is $500-600!!

------------------
"...What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?... Fight, and you may die, run and you'll live, at least a while. And dying, many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for just one chance, to tell our enemies, that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!!!"
-------------------------
je suis prest

The new Springfield "Loaded" package 1911 in blue finish sells for somewhere around $500 street. These are, however, not your basic bare-bones 1911. They come standard with Novak low-mount sights, full length guide rod, skeletonized combat trigger (about 5 lb break), high hand grip undercut trigger, flat mainspring housing, combat Wilson style beavertail, commander style hammer, cocobolo grips, checkered mag release, beveled mag well, throated/polished chamber, extended combat thumb safety, polished feed ramp, lowered ejection port, and front slide serrations.

The only thing I did to mine was replace the guide rod with a one piece, replace the thumb safety with a Chip McCormick, and put on a pair of Hogue grip panels w/o wraparound fingergrooves. The trigger is perfect for a carry gun.

For the money, there is no better basic package.

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com/ewc2000
Edged Weapons Conference 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back