Springfield 1911 "Loaded" Full size Good price for NEW???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusternc

I will be going to a gun show this weekend, and I'd like to know what would be a good price on a Springfield full size 1911 Stainless steel (LOADED model)? I know one shop that I can get it for $600. Is this a fair price? I know its lower than MSRP, but what is the actual going price for this model? The places I've seen mailorder would end up only saving me ~$20 after shipping FFL transfer fee, etc.

Sounds good to me - I have seen the prices from 550 to 650 - so your right in the middle. I think - let me add this... Yup... Thats a fair price.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

Looking at the LOADED model - it is a great deal. You get the good extras including Novak sights installed and ready to go. The price is right and all the goodies on it make is a great deal.
I wouldnt hesitate.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey, have I mentioned my new book? It is called:
MEN ARE FROM MARS and WOMEN JUST NEED TO DEAL WITH IT!

I got mine for $559.00, and that was dealers cost.

$600.00 seems fair for a retail price. Get it. You won't be sorry.

------------------
Dan

Si vis pacem para bellum!

Check me out at:
<A HREF="http://www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm" TARGET=_blank>

www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm</A>
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Thanks guys for the input. I have been wanting one since March of this year, but I bought a Sig P220 in march instead. Now its time for the Springfield to have a home. :)
Very well might get it unless I spot something else at the show that I like better. Would kinda like to have another Sig or maybe one of the DAC-394 Sig P228 clones. I hear those go for ~ $250, and function identically to the 228...just the finish isn't up to par with the Sig line. Any thoughts on this pistol?

My local dealer said he could order me a Springfield Stainless Loaded 1911 for $479+tax. You might want to shop around a bit.

Rik,

Have your dealer order a bunch at that price because that's below wholesale at any distributor I know of. SA had a price increase about 3 months ago and the cost on a parkerized one is that much or a few bucks more. Stainless is in the mid $500's.

Brian

Well so much for paying $600 at a gun show. I found another dealer 30miles up the road that has quite a few in stock, and said he'll let me take one for $559 plus tax :) That seems to be a VERY fair price, and he doesn't have near the stock levels of the big gun shops in town. They must be REALLY marking those things up! He buys things in very limited quantities so I'm sure he doesn't get as near a large volume discount as the large gun shops. Thanks!

Rick..wish I could find one at $479!! :(
Thats an incredible deal!

Nathan..

I agree with Brian...seems to me that $479 was dealer on the Stainless Loaded about a year ago when the Loaded line was introduced. Your deal in the $550 range sounds good for a stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back