Spotting Scopes for $300?

Tango27

I'm looking at picking up an inexpensive spotting scope for those afternoons out on the range. I'd like to keep the price under $300. Do any of you have recommendations? I'm considering either the Bushnell Trophy 20-60X63 or the Baush & Lomb Discoverer 15-60X60, but not limiting myself to these.

I am getting ready to purchase one also . The best I have looked through so far for under $300 is the Nikon Sky and Earth , B&H photo has them in a kit with the scope , 15x45 eye piece , Slik tripod and a case for $294.95 , part #7355 . I have tried the Bushnell , Tasco and the Burris Landmark and was not very impressed , the Nikon blows them away . Good luck , Mike...

I posted this question last week and came up with the Seeadler 20x50. It is a multi-coated West German scope with better resolution than many inexpensive scopes. I've seen it selling for $419, but these guys
http://www.nygord-precision.com/

have it for $170. I went for fixed focus in this price range. BTW: I rarely shoot beyond 200 yards. Have yet to try it at the range.

The Bausch & Lomb Discoverer 15-60 is a fine spotting scope. I've had mine five or six years now. I like it.

$229 in Midway, I think.

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 14, 2000).]

Mike Baugh, could you please tell me what "B&H photo" means? Thanks. The best price I've found so far for the Sky & Earth combo is $319.04 at ultout.com

Back