Sportsman's Guide Update

MO

After reading the thread about this company's refusal to ship ammo to one of our brothers I sent an e-mail. This is thier reply:

Hello Mr. Morris,
Thanks for your email. We recently reviewed our restrictions for counties,
cities, states, and zip codes. We are unable to ship ammunition to Illinois
because that particular state requires a F.O.I. card (Fire Owner
Identification) to purchase ammunition or firearms.
Residents of that state can go to a gun dealer and the dealer will be able
to positively identify this person with the card. Since we can not see the
card or verify if this is the correct person, we have decided to not ship
these products to Illinois. Yes, the customer can send us a copy but, we do
not know that the card wasn't revoked prior to or after it was sent.
We here at The Sportsman's Guide hope that in the near future the laws will
be changed or possibly standardized so that all of our customers, in all
states can be treated as equals.Best Wishes,Angel V.WebAdmin

Well, I don't know how it is where the rest of you live, but where I live, you're prohibited from buying ammunition if you are a convicted felon.

Sooooo.... How does Sportsman's Guide know that a guy ordering ammo from North Carolina, or anywhere else, is not a felon? Do they do NICS checks on everyone who isn't from Illinois?

Cowards.

-boing, not a convicted felon.

In my experience buying ammo by mail order, most of the companies I have dealt with required that I send or fax them a copy of my drivers license along with a signed statement that I can legally buy ammo. The ammo is then usually shipped UPS with an "adult signature" requirement.
In my dealings with Sportsmans Guide, I was never required to provide this "documentation". The first time I ordered ammo from them, the salesperson I spoke to on the phone simply asked me if I was "legal". After my file with them was established, I was never asked again.
This comparatively casual procedure may be the source of their present attitude. Perhaps they have experienced some problems because of it and they are now overcompensating as a result.
I would like to know if any of the other mail order ammo companies are refusing to ship to your area.

Blah blah blah...Sportsmansguide is laughable at best. I wished I'd saved the first two responses they e-mailed me when I questioned them on why I was refused my ammo order here in Illinois. The e-mails were written as if the authors were kids who didn't know what to say, giving reasons like "legislature and litigation"...c'mon. They said something else like, "its because of your proximity to Chicago".

Now they have this standard letter written after I told them I was informing all of my fellow ammo buyers on the net. What cowards!

Awwww, c'mon.....our good 'ol buddy Gary wouldn't do that to us would he ? LOL

------------------
It's amazing what a large group of stupid people can accomplish.
-----------------

Back