Sports Authority

R Varn

Just so you all know...Sports Authority stores aren't going to sell handguns anymore. They may also stop selling long guns as well. They're winning!!! Can't believe the idiocy of the public. I understand businesses being PC, worried about public image. What's wrong with the sheeple??? We're doomed!!!

Rule of thumb: whenever and wherever a profit can be realized commerce will exist. Forget about the Sports Authority. Now more than ever, it is important for us to be willing to pay the extra $50.00 or $100.00 at a specialty Gun Shop. Many of those guys are insured by Lloyd's of London from the get/go and desrve to be patronized for sticking their neck out on the line. Vote with your wallet.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

Sorry to be so slow on the trigger. Must be because last week was my first time there. I went to buy some ammunition and their gun cases had only pieces of paper in them that said something like "For your safety and the safety all the precious children we will no longer sell items with which to defend your life." Well I guess I'll stick to the specialty shops. They have nicer, more knowledgeable people anyway.

Thanks,

Robert

Sports Authority has always been considerably higher than any other gun stores in the metro Atlanta area. I'd be surprised if that's not the case everywhere. I guess that's a moot point, now.

------------------
Shoot to kill; they'll stop when they're dead!

As Paul Revere said, "Old news here".
A few months ago, a buddy and me stopped in there to check out hand guns for comparison shopping. Guess what, no handguns, no rifles, no ammo. No sh!t, not a single bullet. All they had were air rifles and paint-ball guns. The guy behind the counter said they stopped selling them because they weren't profitable. I told him that it was absolute BS and it was purely policatically motivated. He agreed, but that's not the "official store response".

They still carried cases and cleaning supplies, but that day I decided to not purchase any even though I needed some.

Like it or not, it is their choice to run their business as they see fit. Likewise, it is our choice to patronize their store or not. I chose not to. Sports & Recreation (aka Jumbo Sports) get's my business now. I try to go to my local gun shop whenever possible. Most times, if I tell them that S&R has something at such and such price, they'll either match it or come close. If it helps to keep a company in business that's dedicated to the "Gun Culture", then a few extra bucks is worth it.

LL

Back