Sphinx 9mm Mags fit CZ75 Compact???

DougB

I'm looking for civilian-legal high-capacity magazines to fit the CZ75 Compact. I saw a posting indicating that Sphinx magazines "can be easily altered" to fit the CZ Compact. Full-size CZ75 magazines will work in the compact, but they stick out significantly below the grip.

Does anyone know if Sphinx (or any other) compact high-capacity magazines fit the CZ75 Compact? What, if any, "alteration" is necessary? CZ doesn't sell high-caps for this model. Thanks.

Doug

The CZ75 Compact is very nice, except it's very heavy for all day work. I speak from personal experience. Nearly all preban mags made for CZ clones function in a CZ Compact, some with a bit more modification than others. I've had good experience with Springfield P9 Compact, Tanfoglio Compact, Sphinx and Baby Jericho. You'll need to carefully and patiently enlarge the catch hole as needed. It's trial and error so do just a tad at a time otherwise they won't properly catch. There are some so called Czek (yes that's the spelling) mags for what pistol I don't know, but these work without any modification. Be advised that none of the aforementioned mags have the CZ curled baseplate, they come either with plastic or straight metal baseplates.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Back