• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

spelling cker

Gunmart,
Do you have Microsoft Works?

If so, type and spell check in Works.
Change the right margin to 1.7
Select All
- choose verdana print style
- choose size 10 print,
- and Copy
Move to this box and paste.
Voila! Problem solved.

If you don't have works, try the word processor you have.
-----

All,
Any better hints?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dennis:
...  choose verdana print style
 choose size 10 print ...
[/quote]Dennis, why switch to verdana print and size ten? When ever I do a cut & paste, the paste process automatically converts it for me to the proper size & font. Of course, it might be just my settings and it might not work the same for others but I would be curious. Just my $0.02 worth. Regards,
FUD
fudeagle.gif

Share what you know, learn what you don't.

PS: Ditto on the margin stuff.

[This message has been edited by FUD (edited May 19, 2000).]

Why? I'LL TELL YOU WHY!!!!

(teeny, tiny voice) i dunno.

I suspect somewhere there are default type style/size choices. I simply (very simply!) haven't found them. (sigh) Didn't even think to *look* for them. :o

"Today at TFL an Extreme High Lord Administrator stated, "i dunno ...", and the supposed impenetrable facade of impotence, errr ... excuse me, omnipotence began to crumble today, after 85 years of dominating the RKBA debate in every domain, legal or not, on the Webnet. As a side note, it has been suspected for years that the high Council of Lords at TFL have experienced unusually long life spans by secret use of the blood banks built up from member dues.
Maybe now we will be able to see some movement in the ongoing debate in the Security Council concerning the right to keep and bear air-powered firearms. Bangladesh has promised to return to the table tomorrow for final drafting of the rewrite of the Second Amendment of the United Nations Bill of Rights and the banning of man-portable EMP Railguns.

This is Wayne LaPierre the Fifth reporting to you from the NRA News Center from Times Square this 19th day of May, 2083."

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 20, 2000).]

Dennis - You missed an opportunity to use the age old response to the inevitable "Why?" question. A response that has served mankind for as many years as Homo Sapiens has been walking the Earth. A response that has been passed down from father to son and mother to daughter in the oral tradition in literally thousands of tongues and dialects.

It roughly translates to:
Because I said so, that's why!!

Actually, "junior", I merely didn't want to bother myself with you any more.
I have much loftier duties to perform. (imperial, elitist sniff!)

The reason I format things properly in my word processor is to ensure this
UBB shade-tree program posts my wisdom in an properly formatted manner.

Should you approach the Staff again, I recommend you learn the proper
address for your superiors.

Mr. Rich Lucibella is the *one*, the *only*, Extreme High Lord
Administrator.

The Right Honorable DC is the Extreme Administrator - addressed fearfully
as "Your Highness" or (behind her back) as, “Omigod! Did you see
*THAT*?” !!!

Other Senior Administrators may be addressed by terms *they* deem
appropriate. TFL members will comply.

I am merely an Administrator. I may be addressed by those TFL members in
good standing as, "Dennis, the Meek & Mild".

Now gather thy performance into a smaller geographical area. Perform
critical acts of inducing immediate and fail-safe readiness to total recall.
Additional repetitive training and inducement procedures may cause
moderate to extreme electrical excitation of specialized nerves and pathways
in substantial portions of your most personal trunk and extremities. So
quoteth the least of the Mighty Administrators!

(rough translation: “Get your act together. Don’t forget or I’ll have your butt
on a stick! Because I said so!”) :D :D :D

Doodad. 'Wish I'd thought of that. Extremely High Lord Admin Doodad! Kinda has a ring to it.

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 21, 2000).]

Back