Spegel grips

That sounds pretty cheap. Send me the link. Another place that has them is pickagrip.com but they are a bit more pricey.

Herb,

Check this site, and then call Vicky. They stock several of Craig's grips, and might have what you want.

http://www.libertyshootingsupplies.com/

Wonderful people to deal with.

Talked to them just last weekend, and Craig got a big order from some commercial firm, and is up to his ears in work! If you need grips in a hurry, you will probably have to get them from one of his retailers like Liberty.

Bill

S&W J grips

I have a Ebony set on my engraved M640 and the ARE THE BEST ! I friend of mine has 10 or so on Js,Ks amd N frames and swears they are ALL tops in quality. best....dewey

Spegal grip

One of the prerequisites for a set of handgun revolver grips is that the grip have sufficient thickness in the palm. I find that the standard rubber Hogue grips don't have enough "beef" and are not suffient to absorb a heavy recoil from 357 or 44 magnum rounds. Is the Spegal a hefty style grip or a designer piece?
Herb

I have a set for a round butt "N" frame.

They're fine unless you are shooting heavily recoiling ammo, such as .44 Magnum factory loads. Then I want a little more traction than these offer.

Spegal

Bob C:
I shoot factory equiv handloaded 44 mag, with heavy recoil so I need a "beefy type grip" From your post it doesn't sound like Spegal are the correct grips for me.
Herb

Herb,

For loads at those levels, I much prefer the full size Pachmayr Presentation grips. Natchez Shooting Supplies usually has them for the round butt "N" frame revolvers. They're a little bulkier, but much more comfortable, particularly if you have large hands.

www.natchezss.com

I do not like the Hogue rubber grips at all. The Hogue wooden grips are better, but are expensive.

Ruger decision to discontinue production of the Speed Six/Service Six series, and S&W going to all round butt grips were two of the worst marketing decisions in the firearms industry, perhaps exceeded only by the S&W "agreement"

Bob

I agree, the Hogue rubber grips are pure crap. I much prefer wood, especially for ccw. I'm waiting for pickagrip to put some Ahrend round butt N frame grips up, no finger grooves.

Back