Speer Gold Dot

FireForged

Woohoooooo!! I tried a box of Speer Gold Dots in my BHP9 today. Man! these things are super.. I never had any problem with the Hydra shoks but I am more accurate with the DOTS... Is it just me or are these beauties a little hotter than standard?

Yes, the Gold Dots are hotter. They have been a favorite of mine for some time. Enjoy!

------------------
From my cold dead hands.

I bought some Gold Dots online and thought I was getting reloadable cases (which I guess are the Speers). But these are Blazer Gold Dots, in the aluminum cases. So, I guess there are different versions of the Gold Dot cartridge. I wonder if the ballistics are any different.

I found the alumminum casings presented an extracting problem in the Ruger, but the ammo was very accurate.

I stick with brass from now on. I'm sure the balistics are very much the same if they are using GD bullets in their alumminum cases. In a fully supported barrel, the alumminum can handle the same pressure as a brass case.

Take care,
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Speer Gold Dots are great stuff but hot! In my Kahr K40 they are match accurate - 2.2in group at 50ft, but the rim's are damaged by the extractor. Remington and Federal shoot ok but not as accurate in this gun however the case rim's are ok.

I have had the same ejection problems with alum cases. The only thing that is worse is when you use them in a revolver and they swell so much you cant reload. I refuse to use them at all in revolvers. I get suckered into using them in my BHP9 from time to time due to sales and such...

I had the same experience yesterday. Have been shooting Hydra Shoks and getting 2.5 to 3 in. groups @ 25yrds. with SW 3913TSW(3.5 in
brl.) Picked up some Georgia Arms (new)
124 Gold Dots and groups DROPPED to 1.75 to 2.25in. Same gun-same day. Price Great.I'm a believer.gds

The Speer Gold Dot HPs are great. I get tight groupings with them & I use them as my defense ammo since being introduced to them.

------------------
PROTECT LIFE...YOU ONLY HAVE ONE...

[This message has been edited by WilDJ (edited December 30, 1999).]

The Gold-Dot is my personal favorite bullet. Great terminal performance. It'll penetrate, it'll expand, but it surely won't fragment. It is also quite accurate. For those of you who are having problems with the aluminum cases, try my SIG. It'll munch cases in brass, steel and aluminum without a problem.

Hello. The Speer 124 gr +P Gold Dots chronographed 1199 ft/sec from my HP and 1244 ft/sec when fired from my CZ75. They have proven quite accurate in both weapons and I'd not hesitate to use them for self-defense purposes. Best.

Gold Dots are accurate bullets, and terminal performance through glass is great. Through heavy clothes they tend to get a little smaller but go a little deeper than HS or GS.

CDNN (1-800-588-9500) has the 125 +P Gold Dot for $15 a box/50 BTW.

Compare (FBI/LE Technology magazine):

357 SIG 125 GD: 16/.60, 19/.54

9mm 124 +P GD: 13.4/.68, 20/.53

9mm 124 GD: 12.7/.65, 16/.54

9mm 124 GS: 12.3/.63, 12.7/.60

9mm 124 +P GS 12.5/.65, 14/.60

------------------
>>>>---->

if you're going to carry gold dot, take it to the range and shoot in low-no light. the .45s i've tried recently were lighting up fireballs at the end of the muzzle. for a cheap comparison, buy a box of sellior bellot- interestingly enough, this cheap brand gets an "a" for flash signature.
happy 2000!!!
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

Back