Speer Gold Dot vs Proload Gold Dot in 124gr +p

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKKiddo

I justed picked up 50 speer gold dots in 124gr +p for 16 bux. My question is should i use them up and buy some proloads in 124gr +p? Is the proload really that much better?(accuracy, muzzle flash, velocity, etc)

Load one mag with ProLoad and one mag with Speer... then shoot the mags one after the other and decide for yourself. Haven't shot either yet, so I can't really comment.

there won't likely be a big difference. You certainly won't feel any difference, but the flash and muzzle velocity may be slightly different.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

In the muzzle flash aspect, Proload wins, in accuracy it's a tie, and in the velocity department Speer wins.

------------------

One of the biggest positives of Proload is their consistency/quality control. Although I have not chronographed any Proload myself, I know two separate people that have and the deviations were very small. It is the consistency that helps so much in the accuracy department... But Speer makes good ammo too, and your price for 50 rounds is excellent! See which load works best in your gun in terms of muzzle flash and accuracy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back