Speer Gold Dot G2 recalled?

JERRYS.

in 9mm ive read other places that Speer has recalled their 147gr. G2 (plastic plugged) round. I cannot find this information on Speer's web site.

can anyone provide valid links to this recall if it is so?

thank you.

As I understand it, the old G2 in the Black box(early stuff) was recalled, the newer stuff that comes in a white box is good to go.

It's not unusual for the major American ammo makers who design LE ammo to revise and refine their products, especially at the request of the intended LE agency customers.

While I've not seen any of the G2 load locally (not used by my agency or any surrounding agencies with which I'm familiar), I did see this advertisement:

... The earlier version has been repackaged by Speer and sold as surplus to distributors as training ammunition with a vendor number of 954226. This training ammunition can be purchased for $0.38 per round from other vendors.
in this ad: http://www.eagleeyeguns.com/product_p/speer-54226.htm

Since it's not unusual for a major maker to replace LE ammo with a newly revised version, and then repackage and market the previous ammo as "training only", I suppose it's possible that Speer may have done something similar with an earlier version of their G2 load. Dunno.

Anyone interested could try calling Speer and asking, or at least emailing them with the query.

FWIW, I've learned of previously wholesale marketed LE ammo being marked "training only" on case boxes, but not on the individual 50-rd boxes. That's why it's best to contact the ammo maker directly with such questions.

Back