Speedloaders for Ruger Security Six

ankara36

My wife got me an HKS speedloader for Xmas, but she got the wrong one by mistake. No problem, I took it back to the gun shop and got my money back. I didn't order the correct one, since it looks like the HKS won't clear the Pachmayr presentation grip on the gun. I don't really want to butcher the grip either.

Is there another speedloader for this gun? I tried Safariland, but they don't have listings for what gun types they make speedloaders for.

Or should I try the Bianchi speed strips?

Thanks.:)

I have both HKS and Safariland Comp II speedloaders for my Security Six, and I prefer the Comp II's. They are faster and they hold the rounds straighter. The HKS lets the rounds flop around more. I have the Hogue monogrip, not Pachmayrs though.

I bought mine from a shop that is no longer in business. But, you can get the Comp II's probably from Brownells, or ProDefense.

http://www.prodefense.com/neocart/dutyaccessories.html?mode=show_item&item=Safariland J-R4C

The correct HKS for a Security Six is a MK-3A.
A Safariland J-R4C is their version.

However, if your grip interferes with one, it likely will with the other. But does it, really? Pachmayr *says* the Presentation grip has speedloader clearance. I have used them on Colt and Smith with no trouble feeding a Safariland. No experience with Ruger.

If it doesn't, I guess you would have to change grips to a style with a clearance (Hogue is about the least expensive.) or get speed strips.

All the above plus........nuther alternate would be to get a magazine for a Coonan or other autoloader that takes the same cartridge. Thumb em out of the magazine. Works bout in between speed strip and speedloader for speed.

Sam

Without going high dollar...
If I remember right the one for a Colt Python and a S&W models 27 and 28 will fit the Security Six.

HKS speedloaders fit my Security Six w/ Pachmayr grips (Professional Gripper model). Shot in PPC matches a lot in the early '80s.

The speedloader for S&W 27/28 are too large to fit the Ruger.

Back