Speed Clips for 5 shot J frames

Hook_N_Bullet

Help please: where can I find those straight strips that will hold 5 shells (the kind you can put in a suitcoat pocket, that won't bulge like a round Speedloader). Also A friend told me I can get a "Money Clip" type attachement for my 642 in lieu of a holster, any opinions on this, as well as does anyone know where I can find one? I'm assuming it would somehow mount using a longer screw for the handle.

As always thanks in advance!

Dave

PS...I love this Forum, and so does my credit card company! I keep buying more stuff after I read a really informative thread! I should change my user name to In-Debt-For-Guns:)

Not as fast as a speed strip, but what I have done is to take a 1903 or M14 "stripper" clip, trim the sides of the spring and pinch in the sides of the clip. Holds 5 .38/.357 rounds very unobtrusively.

Jim

Dillon handles the Bianchi speed strips, page 52 of January catalog, lower right of page. Lots of gun stores carry them also. http://www.dillonprecision.com

The clip thingy is "Clip Draw", it uses the front two sideplate screws for retention. Longer screws come with it.

Rgds, Sam

Yep, Bianchi Speed Strips. They're handy and easy to use and don't cost too much. While they are slower than a speedloader, they're flatter & easier to carry than a speedloader and still faster than manually loading bullets the old fashion way.

Back