sp2340 ?'s

zaksstang

Inactive
Hi. I am new to the board and new to the whole handgun scene..got hired with the sheriff's office here...Am looking at an sp2340 for my duty weapon....I was wondering where to get accesories like the light attachment and laser.....also does the gun come with night sights as an option?....is that something i decide when i order the gun? where do i get high cap. clips....also, i don't want to get into the whole glock is better sig is better issue cause everyone has their opinion but if anyone could share any concerns they have with this gun and also any compliments about this gun that would be helpful.....thx zak
:)

Make sure to search the archives, there are many threads that mention this fine pistol.

Check out the following: [Link to invalid post] [Link to invalid post]
http://www.easterncannon.com/
http://www.idsi.net/~cavan/IIIC2q2.html

Am looking at an sp2340 for my duty weapon....

You're in good company. DEA has recently adopted this pistol. I prefer the P229 but that's just me.

I was wondering where to get accesories like the light attachment and laser.....

Try a search on the web. Make sure to check out references first, however. Avoid Botach like the plague! They've got great prices but lousy service. You might want to try midwayusa.com, a very reliable company.

also does the gun come with night sights as an option?....is that something i decide when i order the gun?

You'll save money if you buy them with your NIB pistol. If you get them later you'll likely pay installation and that jacks up the price. SIG uses Trijicon brand and these are very high quality.

where do i get high cap. clips....

If you're LEO then you'll order the pistol from a LEO distribuitor. This will require signed departmental letterhead. As well each time you order hicaps you'll have to do the same. If you're a civilian forget it, there are no preban hicaps for this pistol.

also, i don't want to get into the whole glock is better sig is better issue cause everyone has their opinion but if anyone could share any concerns they have with this gun and also any compliments about this gun that would be helpful.

Great pistol. Like any new design it had trouble at first but these have been worked out. A buddy has one with about 1500 rounds thorugh it, he's never had a problem. It's got a fully supported chamber, very good traditional DA/SA pull and a stainless slide with a special corrsion resistant finish. If you do have any trouble you can be sure SIG Arms will stand 100% behind their product. Now as to which to get a Glock 23 or a SIG Pro, that sir, is one gargantuan can of worms!

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited January 11, 2000).]

I own this fine gun in 357sig, hi cap mags are only 12 rounders i have 4 of them plus the 2 10 rounders that came with it. I have shot over 3000 rounds of 357sig ammo with out a malfuction. It a great gun. yes befor your order you should tell them you want night sites. Sig uses (hesco) i am not shure thow but they make good night sights i perfer trijcon my pick... i had a local gun smith put thos on for me.. good gun..
good luck on what you pick up.

house

Back