SP101/Hogue install problem. HInts?

johnblackstone

Just got a set of Hogue grips from auction at Gunbroker.com
Anybody installed Hogues on a Ruger sp101? I can't get the dern thing to go on!

It has a little bracket that has to go down to the bottom interior of the monogrip so you can screw the retaining screw in. Can't get that bracket into proper position to save my life. It swivels!

Help!

:(

I can't offer any advice except keep trying it. However, I had the same problem. The first monogrip I bought for my sp-101 didn't fit either. I even took it to a gunsmith and he couldn't get it to go on .
I just bought another hogue monogrip and it fit perfectly.

I pushed an ice pick into the access hole to line up everything, withdrew it carefully, and inserted the screw. No problemo.

michael

I tried the Hogues. Didn't like them. They made the grip too long for me. I did have problems getting them on. I had to sand a little inside the grip to get them to fit. Eventually thought I sent them back. I bought some from Lett Grips that were wonderful and had the Ruger emblem on them.

Just went through this exercise last night. The instructions that came with the grip are horrible. No mention of the SP101. Couldn't figure out where the 'stirrup' went. I finally inserted the stirrup into the hole that the original pin was in and the grip right slipped on. Must have lucked out. Everything fits nice. All I can say is keep trying.

Good luck, have fun and be safe.

Back