sp-101 and speedloaders

Pat S.

Inactive
I currently have a set of Eagle's secret service grips on the pistol. While these look and feel great, I am unable to use a speedloader (S&L Variant). :( (SP-101, 357, 2 1/4")

I am looking for a set preferably made of wood without checkering for CCW purposes.

Check over here:

http://www.rugerforum.com/

I know folks over at the Ruger revo forum have talked about wooden aftermarket grips for the SP-101. Run a search or post a Q. Why anyone would want to mess with the excellent factory grips is beyond me, but, hey, to each his own said the little old lady as she kissed the cow. Good luck!

Alternative grips for SP101

I just bought an SP101 in .22RF with a half lugged 4" barrel. Normally I do not like the SP101 as the grip is too small and it raps my knuckles. This one had a Hogue on it and it is great. I friend after feeling it put the same grip on his SP101 .357. I tried that and it is like a brand new gun for me. There appears to be a lot of speedloader clearance.

I do not know if Safariland makes an SP101 loader, but I have always preferred these for my S&W 686 since you do not have to turn the knob, just push it into the cylinder.

Back